Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Week 3

It's almost been three weeks since my first IVIG and my body still feels like it's fighting a battle. I am having a headache that never subsides (regardless of holistic, natural or western techniques), body aches, fever, restlessness, upset stomach and just plain blah feeling all the time. My mom and I have been talking to the immunologist and my primary doctor non-stop and we have decided that the cause must be inflammation. Just in case, I did tests for viruses that could be causing these symptoms - part of me hopes it's a virus and not a side effect from the IVIG and the other part of me hopes it's not a virus because, come on, can I really take much more? Either way I know that the doctors are doing everything they can for me and until this pain and fatigue subsides I just have to lay low and watch movies. The worst part is that being on the computer bugs my head - so blogging and schoolwork is not getting done.

My next IVIG is on May 6th - so about 9 days - and I am truly nervous. Everyone is saying that the side effects should be much milder and I hope their right. I'm missing everyone at school right now- as spring brings Athens nice weather and everyone is busy with midterms and such- wishing I could trekk up Morton to the library.

On a good note- my Mom took this picture during a doctors visit this week. They let me do the swabbing for viruses myself and I was very excited!!! The nurse certainly got some laughs at us :)

2 comments: