Sunday, April 10, 2011

IVIG side effects

My Mom called my Immunologist last night – I was sent directly to the ER.  I have never been in so much pain in my life. It felt like I was in a horrible car accident- even morphine couldn't cut the pain! We arrived at the ER and explained I was one day post my first ever IVIG.  Immediately, they started an IV of fluids and medications to try get the pain under control. They did a cat scan to look for a brain bleed but everything looked normal. After that we discussed a possible lumbar puncture (or a spinal tap) but I was not comforatble with doing that procedure. Since I had read so much about IVIG- I knew that these complications were most likely an intense side effect. I hadn't expected it to be that severe though! After a long night in the ER the fluids and heavy meds brought my pain level down a little and I was sent home. Thank goodness my family was there with me to keep me comfortable. I hope this goes away by tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment