Sunday, October 2, 2011

be well (pancakes)

Hi everyone! I want to share a very easy and delicious recipe with all of you - banana pancakes. Since I am on the SCD diet the use of flour is a no-no which means these pancakes are actually good for you and full of protein. I make these when I have an early class because it helps me get going in the morning and the sweet taste is a nice change from scrambled eggs.

Banana Pancakes

First, mush up a banana with a fork in a bowl - get it as mushy as you can.
Then crack two eggs in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
Add a drop of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon
fry up like you would a regular pancake.
Add butter and honey when finished and you have a fast and delicious breakfast!

*For those of you who don't like bananas you can substitute an apple - this takes a little more work and requires a food processor or blender but is still delicious and reminds me of fall.
*One last tip - if the honey is too sweet for you then add a spoonful of almond butter on top and you won't be let down!


No comments:

Post a Comment