Thursday, June 30, 2011

IDF - Phoenix, AZ

We have so much catching up to do! I don't even know where to start.

The most important thing to share is that I went to Arizona this past week for the National Immunodeficiency Foundation Conference which was amazing and overwhelming all at once. There were about 800 people who attended and we spent three days with the best immunologists from Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, Children's Hospital in Philadelphia, Mayo Clinic and many more. On top of that I got to meet hundreds of people who have PIDD and we got to share stories, compare symptoms and discuss treatment options. Most of the people at the conference have been doing treatment (IVIG or SCIG) for years and were so helpful in easing my anxiety about starting back up. We learned loads of information about the different IgG products, how they're made, what is put in them as a base, etc etc and how all of that can affect the body in different ways. Of course I wasn't surprised to find out that the IV product I used back in April was one high in sugar and had a history of severe side effects (what was my doctor thinking?) but it was a relief to know that the product I'm going to start is one of the easiest on the body! Ready to get rolling!

(Mom and I at the IDF Zebra Dinner)

(Igi the IVIG bear and me in the Baxter Castle!)
(Jamie, Colin and I - made so many new friends)
(The average temperature of Phoenix while we were there! So hot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment