Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Words Of Wisdom

I wanted to take a minute to share with you how important it has been for be to receive messages, emails, letters, packages, text messages and everything else from my friends and family.  Recently I was thinking about support and how difficult it is for people to be there day after day, week after week, month after month, for someone with a chronic illness. It's so much easier when someone has something like surgery and the recovery is only a week or two - people can stick around for that. So I wanted to say thank you to everyone that continues to stand by my side even after all this time. When you make a comment on my blog, or send me a letter or even a simple text - it makes my day easier and reminds me that I have people I can turn to. Lately, especially this month, I feel like I am very far away from my "real life". I can't believe I have been a part time student for over a year, living at home for 11 months -  away from the friends, school and town that I came to adore. Of course, I have a wonder family and a few friends that are home with me but even they have felt my isolation as my health has declined over the past year.


With all of that said I really wanted to thank you all again for being there for me. This past week, as my next IVIG was rapidly approaching (and my anxiety growing and growing) people sent me so many supportive words, pictures and packages and it was an enormous help to my mental state. One thing that stood out and is worth sharing, are a few wise words from a simple text that I received that said this:"I won't say "be strong" because you already are an incredibly strong and dynamic woman. instead I will say "know your strength." Right when I was thinking I was going to loose it these words reminded me that I have come so very far already. Yes, I do have more obstacles to overcome but with the love and support I am receiving and the progress that my doctors have made I know that "we are closer than ever."( That last quote is something I hear quite often, from John, when I need a pick-me-up)


No comments:

Post a Comment