Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sub-Q #2

Yesterday was my second Sub-Q injection! The day before the injection I started feeling really crummy - I had a fever of 101 with a horrible headache and fatigue. I tried to sleep it off but the morning of the injection my body was still a mess.  We did the injection around 1pm and during it my fever got worse and I had to lay around with ice on all day! The nurse thinks this could be my body fighting off infections and I could feel like this the day of an injection for a few weeks.  I almost did the whole thing by myself though which was exciting - the nurse supervised but then said I was good to go from now on - on my own!! My mom, Susan and John were all there and they video taped a little bit for me. I did my best to make a short little video to show you about preparing for the injection and getting everything ready! I don't know too much about making videos so bear with me but I hope it helps you understand what my Friday's are going to be like from now on! Also, if you don't like needles then you might want to close your eyes at the end!!

P.S. the video looks a little grainy - I don't think the blog website was able to upload in HD. I'll work on that though! Sorry!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, good job meg! This is intense! I hope you are feeling better and better each day :) Always thinking about you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete